...WINTER STORM WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM MST THIS
* IMPACTS...Moderate to heavy snow will cause low visibility and
snow covered roads. Expect hazardous driving conditions above
7500 feet. Road restrictions or closures may occur.
* TIMING...Periods of snow showers continuing through this
afternoon gradually ending tonight.
* SNOW ACCUMULATIONS...Storm totals of 10 to 16 inches above 7500
feet, with higher amounts on south facing slopes.
* SNOW LEVELS...6000 to 6500 feet this morning rising to 6500 to
7000 feet this afternoon.
* For a detailed view of the hazard area...visit
weather.gov/Tucson and click on the detailed hazards tab
A Winter Storm Warning means heavy snow accumulations are expected.
Gusty winds and blowing snow are also possible. This will make
travel very difficult or impossible...especially in the mountains.
Listen to NOAA Weather Radio...commercial television or radio
stations...or your cable television service provider for updates
on this Winter Storm.